Scotland is the UK’s most northerly region, and a beautiful country in its own right. It has everything from bustling cities to spectacular scenery, and a vibrant population of around 5.5 million.
Scotland’s stunning country roads and culture-packed cities stretch from the Borders to the Highlands and islands. There are plenty of job opportunities across the country, whether you’re interested in working in the heart of a city or offering care to small communities in an idyllic rural setting.
Thinking about applying for a job in Scotland as a next step in your career? Medacs Healthcare will help you find a role that’s ideal for you. Medacs works with NHS health boards across Scotland to bring you a whole host of job opportunities. Whether you’re a nurse or doctor, Medacs can help you find your next opportunity.
Once you’ve registered with Medacs, you’ll get first sight of agency shifts in the areas you’d like to work. There are other plus points too, including next-day payroll, free CPD courses and discounted appraisals throughout your career. Also access great benefits like:
- A wellbeing toolkit to help you stay well during the most challenging times
- Revalidation support
- Round the clock support from the Medacs team on every aspect of your career
Medacs works with a number of NHS health boards across Scotland, including:
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, which looks after more than 1.15 million people across six local authority areas, including Glasgow City. It’s one of the largest healthcare providers in the UK, with 43,500 talented international staff providing care across hundreds of facilities. The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital nurtures the next generation of medical staff with world-class teaching facilities.
- NHS Lanarkshire, which has a workforce of over 12,000 skilled healthcare professionals. The board operates three main hospitals, University Hospital Hairmyres, University Hospital Monklands and University Hospital Wishaw. It has diverse clinical and non-clinical teams from all over the world, who offer world-class care to those in need of urgent and non-urgent care.
- NHS Ayrshire & Arran, which operates 14 hospitals and clinics across Ayrshire and the Isle of Arran, including University Hospital Ayr and Arran War Memorial Hospital. The board also looks after 53 GP practices, 66 dental practices, pharmacies and optometry practices. The board employs around 9,500 staff, who deliver excellent care across the region.