York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – caring for communities in North Yorkshire
One of Medacs’ clients in the area is York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. With a workforce of around 10,000 staff, the trust provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital and specialist healthcare services. There are eight hospital sites within the trust, with jobs available at all locations:
- York Hospital is the trust’s largest hospital, with more than 700 beds, providing acute medical and surgical services, including trauma, intensive care and cardiothoracic services.
- Scarborough Hospital is the trust’s second largest hospital. It provides acute medical and surgical services, including trauma and intensive care services.
- Bridlington Hospital is a district hospital that provides surgical, rehabilitation, and outpatients services.
- Malton Community Hospital provides inpatient rehabilitation, palliative care and outpatients services in association with local GPs.
- The New Selby War Memorial Hospital is a community hospital that provides inpatient and outpatient care for the Selby district.
- St Monica's Hospital Easingwold is the trust’s smallest community hospital and provides rehabilitation, palliative and general nursing and medical care and day care, including physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
- White Cross Rehabilitation Hospital provides stroke rehabilitation services.
- Nelsons Court Inpatients Unit provides rehabilitation, palliative care and assessment for discharge planning services.
Looking for just the right NHS job in a great location? The ancient cathedral city of York and the bustling coastal town of Scarborough are two of the North East’s most popular destinations.
Historic York is a beautifully preserved medieval city that’s often voted one of the most popular places to live. The compact city centre is mostly car-free, with many independent shops located along the medieval and Georgian streets, numerous cultural attractions and a thriving café culture. It’s also one of the UK’s best-connected cities, within easy reach of the M1 and M62 motorways, Leeds Bradford Airport and a mainline railway station – you can reach London King’s Cross in less than two hours.
Surrounded by stunning coastal scenery, Scarborough boasts two sandy bays separated by high limestone cliffs and plenty to see and do. From the 1930s Open Air Theatre to mountain bike trails at nearby Dalby Forest, the town is also packed with restaurants, brewpubs, bars and delis. Located within easy reach of the North York Moors National Park and North Riding Forest Park, there’s a mainline railway station and A roads, which connect Scarborough to York, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool.
Be the first to know about latest NHS job opportunities
If you’re tempted by a move to North Yorkshire, Medacs Healthcare can help you to secure the role you’re looking for. Medacs supports NHS trusts in this region to provide a fantastic range of NHS work opportunities.
By registering with Medacs, you’ll have the flexibility to easily work at various hospitals – and get to see many job vacancies before anyone else. Plus, along with competitive pay rates, next-day payroll, ad-hoc and block bookings at your favourite locations, you’ll be eligible for a whole range of benefits, including:
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Access to The Support Hub – our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing, enabling you to deliver outstanding care
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service – we are available when you need us
Can’t find the job you are looking for?
We receive hundreds of new jobs every day that may not be advertised right now, so click below to let us know what role you are looking for and we'll be in touch.