Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for middle grade A&E doctors who are interested in applying for a Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine CESR post based...
Client Name: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Role: Anaesthetics Doctor
Location: Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital, you will be responsible for providing anaesthesia and associated treatments and will oversee pre-op procedures and testing, administering medication to prepare patients for surgery and reversing anaesthesia in instances where it has been used to facilitate operations.
You will also resuscitate critically ill individuals, provide pain relief for patients during childbirth, following surgical procedures and injuries, or for those suffering the symptoms of painful diseases or medical conditions. For an Anaesthetics Doctor, no two days are ever the same.
The complexity of anaesthetics means that a commitment to ongoing professional development is necessary. As well as your continued training, the progression paths for Anaesthetists are promising and varied, with many becoming involved in the training of other medical professionals, including paramedics or nurses, and many more carrying out medical research.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Anaesthetics Doctor, you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of the latest anaesthesia procedures and theory
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Good at thinking 'on the spot' and when under pressure
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to multitask and prioritise multiple patients
- Stamina and the ability to work long shifts
- Good analytical skills
- Good observation skills
- Dedication to helping people
As an Anaesthetic Doctor with Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board you will:
- Create anaesthesia plans for patients - from critically ill individuals to people managing pain related to health conditions, injuries, or childbirth
- Work with other medical professionals (i.e., doctors, surgeons, nurses) to plan the most appropriate anaesthesia procedures
- Administer anaesthetics to patients as required
- Reverse the effects of anaesthesia/sedation given
- Explain procedures to patients and offer reassurance where patients are anxious
- Monitor patients during surgery (i.e., heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen levels, etc.)
- Observe patients following treatment to ensure their recovery following an anaesthetic
- Make quick decisions in emergency situations
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest anaesthetics best practice and guidelines, keeping abreast of your own continuing development
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital/organisation
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Full registration with the GMC
- Full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
We are keen to speak with people who can not only display outstanding medical proficiency but also possess a genuine desire to play a critical role in making life changing and lifesaving procedures possible. Apply today.