Client Name: NHS ScotlandRole: Band 5 A&E NurseRates: £23 £38Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.Benefits:Access to Care4Carers our...
Client Name: NHS Scotland
Role: Band 5 A&E Nurse
Rates: £23 - £38
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
Working alongside a friendly, welcoming team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 A&E Nurse, you will have:
- quick thinking abilities
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well and under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 A&E Nurse with NHS Scotland, you will:
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
- Actively supporting emergency admissions and their families, communicating clinical information using a variety of methods, to ensure effective understanding.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- To recognise, review and report patients/clients' condition and any changes to it to senior members of staff within the multidisciplinary team.
- Responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Taking blood/fitting a canula, undertake patient observations (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level) as patient need dictates throughout the shift.
- Treatment of resus patients and Triage
- Be a registered nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
So, if you are a Band 5 A&E Nurse and believe you have what it takes to be a part of the outstanding team at Medacs Healthcare, apply today.