Client Name: Ysbyty Glan Clwyd Hospital part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardRole: Locum ST3 in Accident & Emergency MedicineRates: Fantastic Rates of PayLocation: Rhyl...
Client Name: Harrogate District Hospital part of Harrogate And District NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum FY2 in Accident & Emergency Medicine
Rates: Excellent Rates of Pay
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Benefits of Joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at Harrogate District Hospital, you will be based in an Accident and Emergency department, at the forefront of the action and working in a busy and demanding environment. In the role of A&E Doctor you will deal with members of the public who have been brought to hospital with traumatic injuries, acute illnesses or life-threatening conditions which need to be assessed and treated with urgency.
Life in an A&E department is never dull, and roles are suited to those who are great multitaskers. You will be managing a variety of problems across several patients at once and, as such, you will be expected to effectively prioritise each of the cases in your care.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum FY2 in Accident & Emergency Medicine, you will have:
- Good all-round medical knowledge
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Quick thinking
- Composed, particularly when under pressure
- The ability to keep others calm in challenging circumstances
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and as part of a team
- The ability to work within tight time constraints
- Good at prioritising differing patient needs
- Confident in giving instructions to others
- Empathy and a great 'bedside manner'
- Resilience, stamina, and the ability to work long shifts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good administrative ability
- Great organisation skills
- Confidence to administer emergency and life-saving treatment
- A genuine passion for caring for others and changing lives
As an Accident & Emergency Doctor at Harrogate District Hospital you will:
- Examine and assess patients as they enter A&E
- Be able to make diagnoses confidently and accurately from a wide range of symptoms
- Prescribe appropriate courses of action for a wide range of conditions, diseases and injuries that require urgent medical attention
- Be an effective communicator to clearly correspond with other colleagues including medical, admin or other support staff
- Provide medical and emotional support to patients and those accompanying them to A&E
- Administer a wide scope of emergency procedures including pain relief, resuscitation, defibrillation, tracheostomy, blood tests, drug overdose treatments, and many more
- Arrange referrals to other departments or specialists as required
- Make decisions that maximise patient survival rates and aid recovery
- Take ownership of the cases in your care, but also know when to seek second opinions from other doctors/specialists
- Report patients you consider to be at risk to the appropriate authorities
- Promote health and wellbeing best practices
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital
- Remain up to date with the latest medical guidelines
- Be a registered Doctor.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are ready to work for an agency that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.