Client Name: Singleton Hospital part of Swansea Bay University Health BoardRole: Locum ST3 in OncologyRates: Excellent Rates of PayLocation: Swansea in WalesBenefits of joining Medacs:Over...
Client Name: Harrogate District Hospital part of Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum ST3 in Anaesthetics
Rates: Excellent Rates of Pay
Location: Harrogate in North Yorkshire
Benefits of Joining Medacs:
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Are you an Anaesthetist who is dedicated to using your specialist skills in sedation to help a wide range of patients? From chronic pain management to intensive care, we have a number of locum roles in Anaesthetics at ST3 level that could be ideal for you.
Working flexible shifts at Harrogate District Hospital, you will be responsible for providing anaesthesia and associated treatments and will oversee pre-op procedures and testing, administering medication to prepare patients for surgery and reversing anaesthesia in instances where it has been used to facilitate operations.
You will also resuscitate critically ill individuals, provide pain relief for patients during childbirth, following surgical procedures and injuries, or for those suffering the symptoms of painful diseases or medical conditions. For an Anaesthetics Doctor, no two days are ever the same.
Working as part of a wider team of medical colleagues, you will devise plans for the most appropriate form of anaesthesia for patients. You will be a team player and a strong communicator with the ability to make effective decisions even when under immense pressure. Whilst a lot of anaesthetic procedures will be planned and routine, others will be emergencies and you will need to remain calm and focussed throughout. Good analytical skills are important, and you will also benefit from having an excellent attention to detail.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an ST3 in Anaesthetics, you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of the latest anaesthesia procedures and theory
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Good at thinking 'on the spot' and when under pressure
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to multitask and prioritise multiple patients
- Stamina and the ability to work long shifts
- Good analytical skills
- Good observation skills
- Dedication to helping people
As a locum Anaesthetic Doctor at Harrogate District Hospital, you will:
- Create anaesthesia plans for patients - from critically ill individuals to people managing pain related to health conditions, injuries, or childbirth
- Work with other medical professionals (i.e., doctors, surgeons, nurses) to plan the most appropriate anaesthesia procedures
- Administer anaesthetics to patients as required
- Reverse the effects of anaesthesia/sedation given
- Explain procedures to patients and offer reassurance where patients are anxious
- Monitor patients during surgery (i.e., heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen levels, etc.)
- Observe patients following treatment to ensure their recovery following an anaesthetic
- Make quick decisions in emergency situations
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest anaesthetics best practice and guidelines, keeping abreast of your own continuing development
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital/organisation
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Full registration with the GMC
- Full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
So, if you are an experienced Anaesthetist, with the determination to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to all, apply today and be a part of the outstanding team at Medacs.