Client Name: Hafod Mental Health Resource Centre, part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardRole: Locum Consultant in Adult PsychiatryRates: Fantastic Rates of PayLocation: Rhyl in...
Client Name: Llandough Hospital part of Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
Role: Locum Consultant in Adult Psychiatry
Rates: Excellent Rates of Pay
Shifts: On site working only - Remote Working, would be considered
Location: Llandough in Wales
Benefits of joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a locum Consultant in Adult Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at Llandough Hospital. Here you have extensive opportunities to develop good collaborative therapeutic alliances with patients and patients' families while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors.
Working flexible shifts at Llandough Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, taking a lead role in establishing the strategic management plan for a patient, utilising your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously with an emphasis on ensuring excellence across the domains which matter the most to the wellbeing of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
Approximately 25% of the population suffers from a mental health problem in any one year, yet stigma and discrimination are still significant issues for those who use mental health services. In your role as a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how the provision of critical psychiatry services can transform lives, to anticipate developments in policy or practice and encourage evolution in service delivery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in Adult Psychiatry, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum Consultant in Adult Psychiatry Consultant at Llandough Hospital you will:
- Be required to cover Hamadryad CMHT and wards at Hafan y Coed (inpatient and outpatient)
- Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy or refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, or to follow up patients for medication reviews.
- Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other multidisciplinary team members.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
So, if you are an experienced Consultant with the determination to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to all, apply today with Medacs and be a temporary part of the outstanding team at Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.