Client Name: Wrexham Maelor Hospital part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardRole: Locum Consultant in Adult PsychiatryRates: Excellent Rates of PayLocation: Wrexham in WalesBenefits of...
Client Name: Llandough Hospital part of the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
Role: Locum Speciality Doctor in Adult Psychiatry
Rates: Fantastic Rates of Pay
Location: Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan
Benefits of joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Speciality Doctor in Adult Psychiatry, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at Llandough Hospital. Here you have extensive opportunities to develop good collaborative therapeutic alliances with patients and their families.
Working flexible shifts at Llandough Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together, you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, take a lead role in establishing the patient's strategic management plan, and utilise your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
The Cardiff and Vale University Health Board takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously, emphasising excellence across the domains that matter the most to the wellbeing of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities to immerse yourself in specialism and training.
As a dedicated locum Speciality Doctor, you will impart complex knowledge and champion skill enhancement throughout the department. You will have access to various development and support packages to ensure your knowledge and skills are continuously refined and challenged.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Speciality Doctor in Adult Psychiatry, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum Speciality Doctor in Adult Psychiatry with Cardiff and Vale University Health Board you will:
- Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy, refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, and follow-up patients for medication reviews.
- Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors, medical students, and other multidisciplinary team members.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
If you are ready to take up a position in a hospital that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply with Medacs today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.