Client Name: Hafod Mental Health Resource Centre, part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardRole: Locum Consultant in Adult PsychiatryRates: Fantastic Rates of PayLocation: Rhyl in...
Client Name: Morriston Hospital part of Swansea Bay University Health Board
Role: Locum ST1 in Adult Psychiatry
Rates: Fantastic Rates of Pay
Location: Cwmrhydyceirw in Swansea
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a locum ST1 in Adult Psychiatry, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at Morriston Hospital. Here you have extensive opportunities to develop good collaborative therapeutic alliances with patients and their families.
Working flexible shifts at Morriston Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together, you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, take a lead role in establishing the patient's strategic management plan, and utilise your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
The Swansea Bay University Health Board takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously, emphasising excellence across the domains that matter the most to the wellbeing of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities to immerse yourself in specialism and training.
As a locum ST1 in Adult Psychiatry, you will be fundamental in developing, improving, and expanding the psychiatry provision within Morriston Hospital. Working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated, and progressive clinical professionals, you will play an active and hands-on role in diagnosing, treating, and managing mental illness, emotional disturbance and abnormal behaviour.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum ST1 in Adult Psychiatry, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum ST1 in Adult Psychiatry at Morriston Hospital you will:
- Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy, refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, and follow-up patients for medication reviews.
- Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors, medical students, and other multidisciplinary team members.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
If you are looking for a role where you can develop your knowledge and expertise and modify your clinical practice throughout your career, apply today and give your medical career a significant boost.