Role: Biomedical Scientist - Biochemistry
Shifts: Monday to Friday (09:00 to 17:30)
Location: Wrexham Maelor Hospital
* Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
* First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
* Competitive pay rates
* A dedicated placement officer
* Hundreds of new shifts available every day
* Long term and short-term bookings available
* Lucrative referral scheme
* 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Your role will see you working across various departments, including operating theatres and accident and emergency, carrying out a range of laboratory and scientific tests that analyse fluids and tissue samples from patients, identifying diseases and providing reports that highlight the effectiveness of potential treatments.
You will be working to support a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, using high tech equipment to investigate various medical conditions, from cancer and diabetes to hepatitis and blood disorders.
In the UK alone, healthcare laboratories are involved in over 70% of diagnoses in the NHS and handle hundreds of millions of patient samples every year. In your role as an Biomedical Scientist, you will be dedicated to delivering excellence in biomedical science and providing the highest standards of service to patients.
You will profit from the wide range of benefits and support working with us, from the initial call to your first day on the job, you can be assured, our dedicated Allied Health Professionals consultancy and compliance team will be supporting you every step of the way.
In addition to your qualifications, as an agency Biomedical Scientist, you will have:
* Superior verbal communication skills
* Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
* Excellent attention to detail
* Problem-solving skills
* A systematic approach to tasks
* Excellent timekeeping
* The ability to work well under pressure
* A flexible attitude
* A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
* Active listening skills
As a Biomedical Scientist, you will:
* Carry out routine and specialist analytical testing on a range of biological samples.
* Provide test results to medical staff to diagnose and treat patient illness.
* Perform urgent analytical testing as required.
* Identify abnormal or unexpected results and report back to requesting clinicians.
* Operate and maintain specialist laboratory equipment.
* Develop new methods of investigation and stay up to date with diagnostic innovations. Keep your professional knowledge up to date and take responsibility for your continuing professional development (CPD).
* Support quality management systems and observe all relevant health and safety regulations.
* Supervise, mentor and support trainee biomedical scientists and other support staff.
* Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks.
* Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Science (life sciences) or a biomedical science degree accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) and approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
* 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
* You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are looking for a temporary Biomedical Scientist role within a Trust that continuously strives to achieve excellence and embody its core values, apply today and work in an environment where each individual is inspired and empowered to be the best they can be.