Role: Dietitian Paeds Shifts: Shifts to be confirmed with locumLocation: Ysbyty Gwynedd (Bangor)Benefits:* Access to Care4Carers our support service to help support your mental health...
Role: Dietitian (Remote Working Possibility)
Shifts: Monday to Friday (09:00 to 17:00)
Location: Ysbyty Gwynedd (Bangor)
* Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
* First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
* Competitive pay rates
* A dedicated placement officer
* Hundreds of new shifts available every day
* Long term jobs and short shifts available
* Lucrative referral scheme
* 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Your role will see you working in various settings, from hospitals to community clinics to assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems while promoting good health and preventing disease in individuals and communities.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team of health professionals and nutritionists treating both healthy and unwell patients, working to achieve the very best outcomes for patients of all ages.
Obesity rates continue to rise steadily, with 64% of adults overweight or obese. These increases are starting to have a real impact with 711,000 hospital admissions where obesity was recorded as the primary or secondary diagnosis. By choosing agency work and build strong and rewarding experience within the NHS, you will be a crucial element in the future health and dietary education of both adults and children.
General Key Skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an agency Dietitian, you will have:
* Superior verbal communication skills
* Empathy and understanding
* Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
* Excellent attention to detail
* Problem-solving skills
* A systematic approach to tasks
* Excellent timekeeping
* The ability to work well under pressure
* A flexible attitude
* A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
* Active listening skills
As a Dietitian, you will:
* Carry out nutritional assessments
* Educate and advise patients with diet related disorders on their nutritional choices.
* Devise and deliver suitable nutritional care plans
* Liaise with medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality treatment.
* Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain findings using various methods to ensure practical understanding
* Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making
* Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team
* Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
* Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team
* Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks
* Bachelors degree in a relevant subject such as (Biology, Psychology or Linguistics)
* At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
* 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
* You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are looking for an agency Dietitian role within a Trust that continuously strives to achieve excellence and embody its core values, apply today and work in an environment where each individual is inspired and empowered to be the best they can be.