Role: Speech and Language Therapist (Adult acute & Dysphagia trained)Shifts: Shifts to be confirmed with locumLocation: Ysbyty Gwynedd (Bangor)Benefits:* Access to Care4Carers our support service...
Role: Speech and Language Therapist
Shifts: Monday to Friday (09:00 to 17:00)
Location: Wrexham Maelor Hospital
* Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
* First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
* Competitive pay rates
* A dedicated placement officer
* Hundreds of new shifts available every day
* Long term jobs and short shifts available
* Lucrative referral scheme
* 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Your role will see you working in various settings, from hospitals to community clinics providing life-changing treatment, support, and care for patients of all ages who have difficulties with communication.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team of Therapists, Doctors, Nurses and Psychologists to achieve the very best outcomes for patients.
In your role as a Speech and Language Therapist, you will rely on your superior communication skills to motivate and reassure people of all ages. Well-developed problem solving, leadership and organisational skills will ensure you can thrive in this role.
General Key Skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Speech and Language Therapist, you will have:
* Superior verbal communication skills
* Empathy and understanding
* Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
* Excellent attention to detail
* Problem-solving skills
* A systematic approach to tasks
* Excellent timekeeping
* The ability to work well under pressure
* A flexible attitude
* A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
* Active listening skills
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will:
* Identify the speech and communication difficulty or disorder
* Assess the cause and nature of the problem to assist in understanding treatment
* Devise and deliver a suitable treatment programme
* Liaise with medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality treatment.
* Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain findings using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
* Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making
* Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team
* Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
* Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
* Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject such as (Biology, Psychology or Linguistics)
* At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
* 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
* You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
So, if you are an experienced SLT with the determination to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to all, apply today and be a part of an outstanding team.