TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UKBranch Name: LeedsRole: Care AssistantRates: £10.50 £11shifts: 7am-3pm or 3pm -10pmLocation:...
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
Branch Name: Leeds
Role: Care Assistant
Rates: £10.50 - £11
Shifts: 7am-3pm or 3pm-10pm
Benefits of working with Medacs:
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Access to Care Friends - gain points every time you refer a like-minded friend or family member.
- Fully supported training - Our Homecare team will provide full training for the role. You'll attend one of our assessment centres and be shadowed by some of our most experienced Care Assistants so that you can gain first-hand experience of the role.
- Control - Take control of your career with flexible or contracted hours with regular service users.
- On-going support and development - grow your career with Medacs Healthcare with our career paths.
- Travel pay* - Available in some locations.
- Holiday pay
- Free DBS
Are you a dedicated and compassionate individual who is looking to start a rewarding career in care? If so, Medacs Healthcare, one of the most trusted home care providers in the UK, has the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for individuals who show empathy, patience, consideration, passion and dedication. You don't need to have any previous experience in home care; your personality is so much more important in a role like this. Homecare opportunities are diverse and provide a wide range of career opportunities regardless of your experience level, full training and support will be provided at every stage of your career to ensure you have the skills needed for the role.
This is an ideal role if you want to progress your career around your family and home commitments. Working and driving your career forwards alongside other responsibilities is no easy task, but with flexible shifts and excellent career prospects, this is a perfect way to achieve your goals.
As a valued Homecare team member, your happiness is of the utmost importance. To make your time at work the best experience it can be you will have a dedicated care coordinator who will support you in scheduling your work. In addition, there is a support service exclusively available to you as a health and social care professional. This service is there to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to always deliver outstanding care.
General key skills
As a Care Assistant, you will have:
- Empathy and understanding
- Compassion and a caring nature
- A warm and friendly personality
- A passion for good conversation
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Care Assistant your duties could include:
- Regular duties of meal preparation, medication assistance, laundry and cleaning, bathing, grooming and toileting.
- Preventing loneliness and isolation through listening, understanding and interacting, providing companionship and conversation.
- Promoting dignity and independence with encouragement and assistance
- Encouragement and gentle persuasions towards better health, such as taking medication, gentle exercise and drinking fluids
- Providing guidance for staying safe, keeping warm or cool in changing climates
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- References that cover the last two years. They can be either employment, professional, academic or written from the Job Centre/Benefits Office
- You must have the right to work in the UK
If you are looking for a role that will fit around your home life and provide opportunities to build a rewarding career in care, apply today and be a part of something amazing.