Employer: Medacs Healthcare
Role: Clinical Assessor-Office and Home based
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 (Plus OTE £3,500)
Shifts: Full/part time available
This position is a hybrid of home and/or office working depending on your preference. In case of IT issues, you will need to commute to your closest office in Scunthorpe as necessary.
If you're a Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist and are looking for your next role, our Disability/PIP Assessor position would be ideal for you.
This permanent role comes with a favourable salary of up to £37,000, plus uplifts of £1,000 at 6 and 12 months and excellent benefits.
About the role
As a Clinical Assessor, day to day you'll carry out a mixture of telephone, video and face-to-face assessments with claimants covering a wide range of disabilities and health conditions. Working independently, you will be using your clinical skills to assess, examine, talk, listen, and submit detailed reports of health conditions affecting their daily life. It's important work that has a big impact on real lives, so we'll make sure you get the time you need with each claimant to undertake a quality and respectful service.
Every day will be different dealing with a range of different assessments. You will work on a variety of cases across a range of conditions. It will be challenging at times, but we'll support you to manage your assessments efficiently, to deliver the best service. Our assessors combine the highest levels of integrity with extensive clinical knowledge to offer the best service possible to our customers.
What we look for
- Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a minimum one year of post-registration experience in diverse settings where you can demonstrate a broad range of clinical experience and knowledge.
- Current NMC or HCPC registration with no restrictions
- Strong interest in in-depth report writing and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and time management skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate various IT systems.
- Strong IT skills are essential.
- A minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute is required to accomplish the role.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office/home office environment and experience working in various clinical settings.
What we offer
Our people are the driving force behind delivering an excellent service.
In return for your passion, hard work and expertise, you will receive a generous salary of up to £37,000 and the following which are available from the very first day you join Medacs. As a hybrid position, your time will be split between working from home and your nearest assessment centre.
- Salary uplifts of £1000 at 6 and 12 months* + optional paid overtime following successful completion of probation
- Flexible working solutions
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- Reimbursement of NMC/HCPC pin once you have passed probation.
- Regular training to support CPD and revalidation.
- 25 days annual leave + additional birthday leave + Holiday buy back/ sell scheme up to +5 days dependant on service.
- Annual leave reviewed against your length of service rising to a maximum of 30 days with an additional day per year of service.
- Fantastic opportunities for promotion and professional growth
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme + life assurance cover and many more
- Premium access to the well-being calm app
- Employee recognition award schemes
- Discounts for 100s of stores and memberships with our Lifestyle platform
Living in England, with a suitable internet connection and a quiet private space to work from. Although the role is based at home, you will need to travel to your assigned contact centre if circumstances change and homeworking is no longer viable. During your first two weeks there will be a selection of classroom dates that must be attended in person at your nearest site. You may subsequently be required to occasionally attend a contact centre for further training and/or face to face support and guidance.
Apply with Medacs Healthcare today and our supportive and highly experienced team will provide you with the full details of the role and working with the DWP
*Terms and conditions apply, please speak to our team for further information.