Skills and Experience:2-3 years of experience working as a sonographer, with a background in obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound.Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.Ability to work independently...
Role: sonographer- Obs and Gynae
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
As a Diagnostic Sonographer you need to be able to support Obstetrics and Gyne You will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you can develop your knowledge in your area of particular interest or explore new intervention techniques.
In addition to your qualifications, as an agency Sonographer, you will have:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sensitivity, empathy and understanding
- An extensive knowledge of medicine and healthcare, both broad and specific to your field
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise your work whilst under pressure
- Good verbal communication
- A long attention span and good concentration
- Ability to work well with others
- Have good report-writing skills
As a temporary Sonographer, you will:
- Setting up, maintaining and using sonography and ultrasound equipment
- Working closely with patients
- Producing visualisations and detailed imagery from the scans you have performed
- Writing reports
- Helping to diagnose complex conditions
- Training other healthcare professionals to use specialist equipment
- Making referrals to other experts and departments
- Bachelor's degree
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are ready to work in a hospital on a temporary basis that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today with Medacs and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.