Candidates needed ASAP Temporary ContractPURPOSE OF JOB:Our client is seeking dedicated, ambitious, and driven Medical Laboratory Assistants to join their workforce operations as part of...
Medacs Healthcare, part of Medacs Global Group, provides temporary and permanent recruitment opportunities to doctors, nurses, carers, and allied health professionals worldwide. Medacs Healthcare in particular is a career partner of choice for healthcare professionals with almost 30 years of expertise. They offer a variety of workforce solutions, including staff banks, managed services, clinical insourcing, direct engagement, and recruitment.
This is a contract on-site role for a Pharmacy Assistant located in Chelsea and Westminster, London. The Pharmacy Assistant will be responsible for prescription management, phone etiquette, IT literate, pharmacy operations such as purchasing and distribution, stock management, and customer service.
- Prescription and Pharmacy operations skills
- Inventory management skills
- Customer service and phone etiquette
- Experience as a Pharmacy Assistant or in a similar role
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A Pharmacy Technician certification or relevant degree is a plus
- To undertake training in line with defined objectives.
- Participate in robot loading duties
- To keep up to date with and follow relevant departmental procedures.
- To keep up to date with mandatory training.
- Participate in the training of new staff.
- Support the Distribution and Goods Receipt teams as required.
- To attend and participate when needed in departmental meetings.
- To support the daily ward top up service.
- To process ward and clinics orders manually or via the robot as needed.
- Ensure all to-follows are processed in a timely way and any stock issues are communicated to the pharmacy buying office and ward pharmacists as required.
- Ensure all blist orders and ad hoc stock requests are processed efficiently, safely, and in a timely manner.
- Support the implementation of any remedial actions in order to ensure key performance indicators are achieved.
- Maintain the appropriate storage of pharmaceutical goods in the appropriate areas of the pharmacy and in line with the departments defined stock management standards.
- Support the maintenance, cleanliness and tidiness within the distribution area in pharmacy, such as filing.
- Support the implementation of pharmacy initiatives and projects such as the ward box pilot and Baxter inventory service and any other initiatives.
- To participate in the returning of medicines to pharmacy from wards. To ensure all returns to stock, or stock disposal, are processed in a timely manner.
- To support loading of stock into the pharmacy robot and pro-log.