Band 6 Nurse / OT / SALT
Trust: Cheshire and Wirral Partnership
Role: Nurse / OT / SALT
- Adult ASD Team
- Adult Autism Assessing
- 3 months initially
- Monday to Friday (shifts to be arranged)
- Some remote working may be available
- This post requires an individual who is able to work as part of a multi- disciplinary team and has initiative and excellent communication skills at all levels.
- The post holder should ideally have experience of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency work across a variety of settings.
- The post holder will have responsibility for the assessment and the gathering and co-ordinating of information in order to inform whether a person has a diagnosis of Autism, what traits are relevant to them and how they can best manage their future.
- This includes identifying with the autistic person what reasonable adjustments could be made to support their needs, build on their strengths and achieve their aspirations.
- The post holder will also be involved in focused intervention as part of a multi- disciplinary team to improve an autistic person's functioning and wellbeing, the development of Autism Hubs in the community with third sector providers.
- The post holder will also be expected to use their skills and expertise to educate, advise and consult with the wider workforce and different agencies, to improve services for autistic people. This will involve informing local Autism Strategies and working with key stakeholders to develop services.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records for all service users in line with Trust policy and National Legislation and Guidance.
- To promote and champion the rights of people with autism, working within the current service philosophy and values
- To contribute to the assessment, planning, treatment and evaluation of autistic people accessing the service. This may include working with people with multiple co-morbidities:-
- complex physical health needs
- dual diagnosis
- challenging behavior
- mental health
- forensic propensity
If you require additional information please contact: Jamie.Redpath@medacs.com or call: 01785 256434 opt.1 opt.3