Employer: Medacs Healthcare
Role: PiP (DWP) Clinical Disability Assessor
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 (Plus OTE £3,500)
Shifts: Full/part time available
Are you Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with over 1 years' experience?
Looking for an exciting new role in a fast-paced environment?
Come and join us here at Medacs!
Becoming an Assessor is a completely new challenge which allows to expand your clinical skill set, we offer hybrid and office working.
The role of the Assessor will be conducting telephone / face to face assessments with benefit claimants and preparing detailed clinical assessments which is then passed and processed by our clinical leads.
What we're looking for
- Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- Minimum One year of post-registration experience in diverse settings where you can demonstrate a broad range of clinical experience and knowledge
- Current NMC or HCPC registration with no restrictions
- Excellent communication, organisation, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate various IT systems
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office/home office environment and experience working in various clinical settings
What you can expect
- Undergo 5-6 weeks of online/virtual training so you'll feel confident in the role. Then continued training and development to support your approval journey and throughout your career
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence relating to the claimant's functional ability
- Provide concise, comprehensive, and professional reports according to deadlines
- Produce reports to high professional standards and respond proactively to feedback
- Work unsupervised and use initiative to carry out the work or request support
- Apply your knowledge and experience in line with NMC code of conduct
- While you work autonomously, your colleagues and team will always be on hand to offer support
In return for your passion and expertise, you will receive a generous salary of up to £37,000 and the following which are available from the very first day you join Medacs.
- Salary uplifts of £1000 at 6 and 12 months* + optional paid overtime
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- Reimbursement of NMC/HCPC pin once you have passed probation
- Regular training to support CPD and revalidation
- 25 days annual leave + additional birthday leave
- Fantastic opportunities for promotion and professional growth
- Employee Assist Programme
- Company pension scheme + life assurance cover and many more
Apply with Medacs Healthcare today and our supportive and highly experienced team will provide you with the full details of the role.
COVID-19 Considerations: In order to safeguard the health of vulnerable claimants and our colleagues, our Health Professionals are conducting PIP consultations by telephone. Keeping you informed and being on hand to support you every step of the way remains our top priority.
*Terms and conditions apply, please speak to our team for further information