Client Name: Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Role: Locum Consultant in General MedicineRates: Fantastic Rates of PayLocation: Bangor in...
Client Name: Ysbyty Gwynedd, part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Role: Locum Consultant in Geriatric Medicine
Rates: Fantastic Rates of Pay
Location: Bangor in Wales
Benefits of Joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Medacs are recruiting for a skilled and experienced Consultant in Geriatric Doctor dedicated to promoting better health in old age and ensuring the highest standards of care to fulfil shifts at Ysbyty Gwynedd.
Working flexible shifts at Ysbyty Gwynedd, you will be working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals. You will be combining the use of some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country with a holistic approach to acute investigation and management together with subsequent rehabilitation and discharge planning.
Utilising your specialist knowledge and compassionate approach to care, you will provide comprehensive medical care to older people, who may have several medical conditions and are often taking multiple medications.
In your role as a locum Consultant in Geriatric Medicine, you must provide critical information clearly and with heartfelt empathy. With a patient-centred, compassionate and holistic approach, you will be helping patients with acute illness, chronic disease, disability and frailty where possible, enabling patients to be supported at home rather than being admitted to hospital and enable those who have been in hospital to return home if they can.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as Consultant in Geriatric Medicine, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and compassion
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum Consultant in Geriatric Medicine at Ysbyty Gwynedd you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in seriously ill or unstable conditions.
- Create care plans and monitoring treatment plans taking all aspects of lifestyle and wider familial support systems into account.
- Review and manage all medications.
- Coordinate care with other health providers.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients.
- Provide palliative and end-of-life care.
- Be a registered Doctor.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are ready to provide optimised, individualised treatment options for patients in this locum Consultant in Geriatric Medicine role, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.