Client Name: North Tyneside General Hospital part of Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum ST1 in General MedicineRates: Excellent Rates of PayLocation: North Shields in...
Client Name: Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Role: Locum ST1 in Acute General Medicine
Rates: Fantastic Rates of Pay
Location: Bangor in Wales
Benefits of working with Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a locum ST1 in General Medicine (GM), your skills, knowledge and experience are critical to the provision of patient care services throughout the hospital, especially for those with complex medical problems involving multiple symptoms and conditions.
Working flexible shifts at Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital, you will join the acute medical workforce, providing particular expertise in diagnostic reasoning and co-morbidities while also being a developing pillar of clinical and educational support for other medical professionals.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities to fully immerse yourself in specialism and training.
As a locum General Medicine Doctor, you will be dedicated to imparting complex knowledge and championing skill enhancement throughout the department. You will have access to an array of development and support packages to ensure your knowledge and skills are always challenged and fortified.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an ST1 General Medicine Doctor, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum ST1 General Medicine Doctor at Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
If you are ready to work with an agency that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.