Band 7/8A Pharmacist
Role: Band 7/8A PharmacistShifts: Full-Time Preferred but Part-Time consideredLocation: CarmarthenWe have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experience locum Pharmacist looking for their next...
Role: Pharmacy Technician
Shifts: Flexible Shifts / Variable - Ad-hoc Shifts or Block booking Available
We are seeking GPhC registered Band 5 Pharmacy Technicians for our client based in the Uxbridge region.
Shifts can be booked on an ad-hoc basis or as part of a block-booking, a fantastic opportunity offering great flexability for those seeking to take control of their work-life balance.
Weekday shifts only, Monday to Friday, hours of work will be (09:00 to 17:30)
* Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
* First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
* Competitive pay rates
* A dedicated placement officer
* Hundreds of new shifts available every day
* Long term jobs and short shifts available
* Lucrative referral scheme
* 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
As an expert in medicines, understanding how they are used and what their effects are on the human body, you will be using your expert knowledge of medicines and health to make a positive difference to people's lives and wellbeing.
You will be working on a temporary basis as part of a multidisciplinary team providing help and advice to patients in all aspects of their medicines, dispensing prescriptions, advising on the selection, dose and type of administration.
As an locum Pharmacy Technician, you will benefit from the wide range of development and support packages to study for clinical and management qualifications to ensure you can expand your knowledge and techniques to directly benefit your patients.
In addition to your qualifications, as an agency Pharmacy Technician, you will have:
* Superior verbal communication skills
* Empathy and understanding
* Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
* Excellent attention to detail
* Problem-solving skills
* A systematic approach to tasks
* Excellent timekeeping
* The ability to work well under pressure
* A flexible attitude
* A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
* Active listening skills
As an agency Pharmacy Technician, you will:
* Prescription processing
* Medicines reconciliation
* Dispensing of prescriptions
* Accuracy Checking (ACT) roles (stock and dispensed items)
* Ward / Departmental requisitions and supply
* Ward In-patient Top-up Services
* Stock Control including ordering and receiving of goods (Including sundries)
* Supply of Controlled drugs (Dispensed and stock) - Complying with Controlled Drug Regulations
* Self-Medication Supply
* Medicines Information - e.g. advice to service users/carers on medicines prior to discharge supporting medicines reconciliation on the wards
* Supporting the development and practice of Pharmacy Support Workers.
* Clinical trials
* BTEC and NVQ3 (or equivalent) in Pharmaceutical Science.
* Nationally recognised Accredited Checking Technician Certificate.
* Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
* At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
* 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
* You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
Clear advice, prompt attention and friendly reassurance are often just as important to a patient as their diagnosis, so if you are ready to take on a pro-active Pharmacy Technician role without the ties of a permanent role, we can't wait to hear from you.