Disability PIP Assessor (Registered Nurse, Physios, Paramedics)
Employer: Medacs Healthcare
Role: Disability PIP Assessor (ideal for Registered Nurse, Physios, Paramedics, Occupational Therapist)
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 (Plus OTE £3,500)
Shifts: Full/part time available
Believe in the power of work.
Work hard. Do good. Be incredible.
Are you a Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist, or Occupational Therapist with over 1 years' experience who wants to continue helping people but have a better work-life balance? Join our PIP Assessments team and thrive as you use your clinical skills in a different way and help people move forward with their lives.
Day-to-day as a Disability Assessor
You'll carry out a mixture of telephone, video and face-to-face assessments with claimants covering a wide range of disabilities and health conditions. Working independently, you will be using your clinical skills to assess, examine, talk, listen and write detailed reports of health conditions affecting their daily life. It's important work that has a big impact on real lives, so we'll make sure you get the time you need with each claimant to undertake a quality and respectful service.
Every day will be different dealing with a range of different assessments. You will work on a variety of cases across a range of conditions. It will be challenging at times, but we'll support you to manage your assessments efficiently to deliver the best service. Our assessors combine the highest levels of integrity with extensive clinical knowledge to offer the best service possible to our customers.
What we look for
- Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a minimum one year of post-registration experience in diverse settings where you can demonstrate a broad range of clinical experience and knowledge.
- Current NMC or HCPC registration with no restrictions
- Strong interest in in-depth report writing and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate various IT systems.
- Strong IT skills are essential.
- A minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute is required to accomplish the role.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office/home office environment and experience working in various clinical settings.
What we offer
Our people are the driving force behind delivering an excellent service.
In return for your passion, hard work and expertise, you will receive a generous salary of up to £37,000 and the following which are available from the very first day you join Medacs. In this hybrid role, your time will be split between working from home and your nearest assessment centre.
- Salary uplifts of £1000 at 6 and 12 months* + optional paid overtime following successful completion of probation
- Flexible working solutions
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- Reimbursement of NMC/HCPC pin once you have passed probation.
- Regular training to support CPD and revalidation.
- 25 days annual leave + additional birthday leave + Holiday buy back/ sell scheme up to +5 days dependant on service.
- Annual leave reviewed against your length of service rising to a maximum of 30 days with an additional day per year of service.
- Fantastic opportunities for promotion and professional growth
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme + life assurance cover and many more
- Premium access to the well-being calm app
- Employee recognition award schemes
- Discounts for 100s of stores and memberships with our Lifestyle platform
Apply with Medacs Healthcare today and our supportive and highly experienced team will provide you with the full details of the role and working the DWP
*Terms and conditions apply, please speak to our team for further information.