Client Name: St Georges Hospital part of South West London and St George`s MH NHS TrustRole: Locum Speciality Doctor in NeuropsychiatryRates: Excellent rates of payLocation:...
Client Name: Greater Manchester Mental Health
Role: Psychiatry Doctor
Shifts: Evening, weekend, nights and days
Location: Manchester, Salford, Trafford & Bolton
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust you will diagnose and treat patients with a wide range of mental health, behavioural and emotional disorders in the role of Psychiatric Doctor.
The setting in which you are based will be wide-ranging too. As a Psychiatric Doctor you may be based in either inpatients or outpatients or rehabilitation environments. You may need to visit your patients in residential care, prisons, schools, or in their own homes.
We are keen to speak with talented individuals who are enthusiastic about the prospect of helping people to overcome and/or manage the full range of mental health problems.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Psychiatry Doctor, you will have:
- Experience of working in a Psychiatry/mental health role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to listen carefully to patients
- Resilience and the ability to keep some emotional distance from cases/patients
- First-class analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in heated situations
- Good team working skills and able to provide clear instruction to co-workers
As a Psychiatry Doctor with Greater Manchester Mental Health you will:
- Work with patients experiencing a range of mental health problems
- Assess and evaluate patients
- Analyse data and test results to form accurate diagnoses
- Create appropriate and bespoke treatment plans for patients
- Effectively communicate plans of action to other team members (i.e., nursing staff, social workers, etc.)
- Ensure consistency throughout the duration of treatment
- Prescribe and administer medications
- Recognise signs of conditions worsening and intervene where people are at risk of self-harming or hurting others
- Keep patient records and medical histories updated
- Uphold the highest standards of practice and care and act as a professional representative of your organisation
- Research your specialist area(s) and remain up to date with the latest medical guidelines
- Promote health and well being best practices
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Registration with the GMC
- A full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
A job as a Psychiatric Doctor is a position with a huge amount of responsibility, but also reward as you change and improve the lives of patients and their families. If the above skills sound like you, why not apply for one of our Psychiatric Doctor roles today?