We are currently recruiting for an experienced Consultant Paediatric & Neonatal Surgeon to join a team of well established consultants. Our client is well known...
Client Name: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Role: Dermatology Doctor
Location: Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with child and adult patients to diagnose, investigate, treat, and manage skin, hair and nail complaints, providing the highest standards of care at all times.
Working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to ensure the effective provision of modern dermatology services.
Development and opportunities
There are an estimated 2000 possible dermatological diagnoses, each of which can present in different ways. As a specialist Dermatologist, you will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you progress your skills and knowledge certainly in respect to new possible treatments in complex cases.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as Dermatology Doctor, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As Dermatology Doctor with Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Provide skin consultations, evaluating skin conditions and screening for skin disease.
- Perform non-invasive surgical procedures on the skin.
- Talk to patients about their skin health status and educate patients on lifestyle choices and other ways to improve their conditions.
- Administer treatments, monitoring outcomes and recommending changes in treatment plans when necessary.
- Refer patients to alternative specialists for treatments.
- Work closely with assistants and other team members to ensure that patients receive the highest standards of care.
- Prescribe appropriate medication or skin products as part of a treatment plan.
- Treat patients with respect and compassion and ensuring compliance with current medical regulations and ethics.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Perform basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing dermatological information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Be a registered Doctor.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are ready to provide optimised, individualised treatment options for patients in this Dermatology Doctor role, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.