Client Name: Queen Mary's University Hospital part of South West London and St George`s MH NHS TrustRole: Locum Speciality Doctor in Adult Psychiatry Rates: Excellent...
Client Name: Central & NW London NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Adult Psychiatry Middle Grade Doctor
Rates: Good rates of pay
Shifts: 9-5 Monday to Friday
Location: St Charles Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As Adult Psychiatry Middle Grade Doctor, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at St Charles Hospital. Here you have extensive opportunities to develop good collaborative therapeutic alliances with patients and their families.
Working flexible shifts at St Charles Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together, you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, take a lead role in establishing the patient's strategic management plan, and utilise your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
The St Charles Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously, emphasising excellence across the domains that matter the most to the well being of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities to immerse yourself in specialism and training.
Approximately 25% of the population suffers from a mental health problem in any one year, yet stigma and discrimination are still significant issues for those who use mental health services. In your role as an Adult Psychiatry Middle Grade Doctor, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how the provision of critical psychiatry services can transform lives.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Adult Psychiatry Middle Grade Doctor, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As an Adult Psychiatry Middle Grade Doctor with Central & NW London NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy, refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, and follow-up patients for medication reviews.
- Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors, medical students, and other multidisciplinary team members.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes for patients through the provision of quality patient centric care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Not quite right for you? Call us today and see what other opportunities we have available for you on 01618 882667. With over 5,000 new jobs received every week, we're bound to find the perfect role for you!