Paediatric Endocrinologist in Dubai!A fantastic new opportunity for a highly experienced Paediatric Endocrinologist Consultant for one of the top leading healthcare groups in the UAE...
Client Name: Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Role: Insourcing Paediatric Anaesthetics Consultant
Rates: Day Rates
Shifts: Monday to Friday days
Location: Leeds Children`s Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible insourcing shifts at Leeds Children`s Hospital, you will be responsible for providing anaesthesia and associated treatments and will oversee pre-op procedures and testing, administering medication to prepare patients for surgery and reversing anaesthesia where it has been used to facilitate operations.
You will be responsible for monitoring patient's well-being after administering anaesthesia, whether for the duration of their surgery, or as they recover from an operation or injury. You will be skilled in identifying when people need additional sedation or are not reacting well to anaesthesia. Excellent observation and listening skills will be key to ensuring the well-being of those in your care.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Anaesthetics Consultant you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of the latest anaesthesia procedures and theory
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Good at thinking 'on the spot' and when under pressure
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to multitask and prioritise multiple patients
- Stamina and the ability to work long shifts
- Good analytical skills
- Good observation skills
- Dedication to helping people
- Work with other medical professionals (i.e. surgeons, nurses) to plan the most appropriate anaesthesia procedures
- Administer anaesthetics to patients as required
- Reverse the effects of anaesthesia/sedation given
- Explain procedures to patients and offer reassurance where patients are anxious
- Monitor patients during surgery (i.e., heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen levels, etc.)
- Observe patients following treatment to ensure their recovery following an anaesthetic
- Make quick decisions in emergency situations
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest anaesthetics best practice and guidelines, keeping abreast of your own continuing development
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital/organisation
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- APLS or equivalent
- Full registration with the GMC
- Full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
We are keen to speak with people who can not only display outstanding medical proficiency but also possess a genuine desire to play a critical role in making life changing and lifesaving procedures possible. Apply today.