Client Name: HMP Rochester, HMP Guys Marsh, HMP Verne part of Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust Role: Locum Doctor, Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry, prison basedRates: Excellent...
Client Name: HMP Thameside part of Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Doctor, Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry
Rates: Excellent rates of pay
Benefits of Joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at HMP Thameside. The post includes an interesting and varied range of clinical responsibilities for prisoners with a wide range of clinical conditions, including acute and chronic mental illness, personality disorder and ADHD. The in-reach team holds a caseload and within this caseload, a number of patients would be subject to CPA management. New assessments are normally slotted into the ward rounds (Inpatients) and into prearranged out-patient clinics if the new assessments are generated from the referral system. All referrals are triaged by the In-Reach Team. On rare occasions, assessments are requested as an emergency from the wings or segregation unit. This is variable but on average couple of times a week. Whilst there is flexibility in allocation of individual responsibilities, the overarching model is one of integrated working across the mental health multidisciplinary teams.
Approximately 25% of the population suffers from a mental health problem in any one year, yet stigma and discrimination are still significant issues for those who use mental health services. In your role as a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how the provision of critical psychiatry services can transform lives, to anticipate developments in policy or practice and encourage evolution in service delivery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
If you are ready to take up a locum position with an agency that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.
Not quite right for you? Contact us today and see what other opportunities we have available for you. With over 5,000 new jobs received every week, we're bound to find the perfect role for you!