Client Name: Queen Mary's University Hospital part of South West London and St George`s MH NHS TrustRole: Locum Doctor, Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry Rates:...
Client Name: Rhymney Integrated Health Tredegar part of Aneurin Bevan Health Board
Role: Locum Doctor, Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry, split post
Rates: Excellent rates of pay
Benefits of Joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Consultant General Adult Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at Rhymney Integrated Health Tredegar. Here you have extensive opportunities to develop good collaborative therapeutic alliances with patients and patient's families while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors.
Working flexible shifts at Rhymney Integrated Health Tredegar, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, taking a lead role in establishing the strategic management plan for a patient, utilising your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
The Aneurin Bevan Health Board takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously with an emphasis on ensuring excellence across the domains which matter the most to the well-being of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
Approximately 25% of the population suffers from a mental health problem in any one year, yet stigma and discrimination are still significant issues for those who use mental health services. In your role as a Consultant General Adult Psychiatrist, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how the provision of critical psychiatry services can transform lives, to anticipate developments in policy or practice and encourage evolution in service delivery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a General Adult Psychiatry Consultant with Aneurin Bevan Health Board you will:
- Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy or refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, or to follow up patients for medication reviews.
- Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other multidisciplinary team members.
The job is based at two sites. The appointing consultant works jointly with another full-time consultant covering CMHT (based at Rhymney Integrated Health and Social Care Centre) and in-patient psychiatric ward at Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr. Both teams are supported by full-time speciality doctor and two rotating junior doctors. There is support from CRHTT on hospital site. The team is well-established with experienced clinicians supporting the team. The CMHT serve two patches of the population, each patch has a full-time consultant. The two consultants work closely together and with the CMHT and in-patient teams. The consultants are supported by medical secretaries and advanced IT system accommodating virtual meetings and virtual clinics.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
If you are ready to take up a locum position with an agency that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.
Not quite right for you? Contact us today and see what other opportunities we have available for you. With over 5,000 new jobs received every week, we're bound to find the perfect role for you!