Client Name: Fieldhead Hospital part of South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum Doctor, Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry Rates: Excellent rates of payLocation: WakefieldBenefits...
Client Name: HMP Berwyn part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Role: Locum Doctor, Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry
Rates: Excellent rates of pay
Benefits of Joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at HMP Berwyn.
Working flexible shifts at HMP Berwyn, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, taking a lead role in establishing the strategic management plan for a patient, utilising your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
The Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously with an emphasis on ensuring excellence across the domains which matter the most to the well-being of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
Approximately 25% of the population suffers from a mental health problem in any one year, yet stigma and discrimination are still significant issues for those who use mental health services. In your role as a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how the provision of critical psychiatry services can transform lives, to anticipate developments in policy or practice and encourage evolution in service delivery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Forensic Psychiatry Consultant with Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board you will:
Provide specialist psychiatric assessment, treatment and management for prisoners of all ages in HMP Berwyn. Be the Responsible Clinician for the prisoners referred to the Tier 2 service. Assess and treat prisoners and to supervise other members of the team in the management of prisoners suffering from mental illness. Liaise with other hospitals in case of the need for admission. Liaise with low/medium and high secure forensic units and to arrange referrals and admissions as required. Be accessible for advice from senior colleagues in Adult Psychiatry or Older People Mental Health. Carry out risk assessment for prisoners. Be familiar with the Welsh Mental Health Measure and the Welsh Mental Health Act. Completed assessments and reports for the parole board.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
If you are ready to take up a locum position with an agency that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.
Not quite right for you? Contact us today and see what other opportunities we have available for you. With over 5,000 new jobs received every week, we're bound to find the perfect role for you!