Client Name: Horsham CAMHS Community Team part of Sussex Partnership Role: Locum Doctor, Consultant in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry Rates: Excellent rates of payLocation: HorshamBenefits of Joining...
Client Name: Lenworth Clinic part of North East London NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Doctor, Consultant in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, Community
Rates: Excellent rates of pay
Location: Ashford, Kent
Benefits of Joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Consultant Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at Lenworth Clinic. Here you have extensive opportunities to develop good collaborative therapeutic alliances with patients and patient's families while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors.
Working at Lenworth Clinic, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, taking a lead role in establishing the strategic management plan for a patient, utilising your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
The North East London NHS Foundation Trust takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously with an emphasis on ensuring excellence across the domains which matter the most to the well-being of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
Approximately 25% of the population suffers from a mental health problem in any one year, yet stigma and discrimination are still significant issues for those who use mental health services. In your role as a Consultant Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how the provision of critical psychiatry services can transform lives, to anticipate developments in policy or practice and encourage evolution in service delivery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Child/Adolescent Psychiatry Consultant with North East London NHS Foundation Trust you will:
Managing clinical caseload of young people 0-18 with mental health & Neurodevelopmental difficulties, prescribing and monitoring medication, participation in day time duty rota covering emergencies across the south/east of the county with crisis team, support for MDT in psychiatric formulation and risk management.
- Carry out new referral assessments, deliver therapy or refer to psychology colleagues for relevant interventions, or to follow up patients for medication reviews.
- Formulate care and treatment plans, prescribe various types of treatment, and provide guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other multidisciplinary team members.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- At least 6 months experience in CAMHS.
- Valid driving license.
- S12 approval desirable.
- Ideally CCT in Child Psychiatry but will look at adult psychiatrists provided some CAMHS experience
If you are ready to take up a locum position with an agency that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.
Not quite right for you? Contact us today and see what other opportunities we have available for you. With over 5,000 new jobs received every week, we're bound to find the perfect role for you!