Client Name: Sankey House part of Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum Doctor, Consultant in Eating Disorder Psychiatry Rates: Excellent rates of payLocation: Basildon...
Client Name: Maindiff Court Hospital part of Aneurin Bevan Health Board
Role: Locum Doctor, Consultant in Eating Disorder Psychiatry, Community Team
Rates: Excellent rates of pay
Benefits of Joining Medacs:
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Consultant Eating Disorder Psychiatrist, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful provision of psychiatry services at Maindiff Court Hospital. Here you have extensive opportunities to develop good collaborative therapeutic alliances with patients and patient's families while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors.
Working in the Community Team at Maindiff Court Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals. Together you will seek to establish a common understanding of the problems the patient is experiencing, taking a lead role in establishing the strategic management plan for a patient, utilising your therapeutic skills to develop a constructive pathway to recovery.
The Aneurin Bevan Health Board takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously with an emphasis on ensuring excellence across the domains which matter the most to the well-being of patients. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
Approximately 25% of the population suffers from a mental health problem in any one year, yet stigma and discrimination are still significant issues for those who use mental health services. In your role as a Consultant Eating Disorder Psychiatrist, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how the provision of critical psychiatry services can transform lives, to anticipate developments in policy or practice and encourage evolution in service delivery.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Consultant in Eating Disorder Psychiatry, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
An exciting opportunity to join an established forward planning community team which is enlarging and expanding its role. The team covers both tier 2 patients and tier 3 patients who are also under the care of the CMHT, and closer working with other specialities is being developed. The post holder takes medical responsibility for tier 2 patients and eating disorder management of tier 3 patients. The post holder also reviews and acts on physical health monitoring performed by the team supported by an ANP. This is a community post with no inpatient responsibilities.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
If you are ready to take up a locum position with an agency that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.
Not quite right for you? Contact us today and see what other opportunities we have available for you. With over 5,000 new jobs received every week, we're bound to find the perfect role for you!