Client Name: Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Temporary Respiratory Consultant
Location: Kings Mill
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a locum consultant in respiratory medicine, you will be applying your skills across both the acute respiratory medicine and general medicine fields to support patient demand throughout the hospital. Your skills, knowledge and experience are critical to the provision of patient care services throughout the hospital, especially for those with complex medical problems involving multiple symptoms and conditions.
Working flexible shifts at Kings Mill, you will join the acute medical workforce on a locum basis, providing particular expertise in diagnostic reasoning and acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) while also being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors and trainees.
The Kings Mill takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
Development and opportunities
As a locum Respiratory Consultant, you will be dedicated to imparting complex knowledge and championing skill enhancement throughout the department. Leading by example you will be encouraging uptake for the wide range of development and support packages available.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a locum Respiratory Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum Respiratory Consultant with Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test techniques and equipment that can improve procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
A business with a future
If you are ready to work in a hospital that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today through Medacs and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.