Client Name: Swansea Bay University Health Board
Role: A&E Doctor
Location: Morriston Hospital
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Are you a registered doctor who can keep a cool head in even the most pressured of circumstances? Medacs Healthcare is looking for talented medical professionals who are comfortable in taking control of emergency situations to work as an A&E Doctor at the prestigious Swansea Bay University Health Board
Working flexible shifts at Morriston Hospital, you will be based in an Accident and Emergency department, at the forefront of the action and working in a busy and demanding environment. In the role of A&E Doctor you will deal with members of the public who have been brought to hospital with traumatic injuries, acute illnesses or life-threatening conditions which need to be assessed and treated with urgency.
Development and opportunities
Life in an A&E department is never dull, and roles are suited to those who are great multitaskers. You will be managing a variety of problems across several patients at once and, as such, you will be expected to effectively prioritise each of the cases in your care.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an A&E Doctor, you will have:
- Good all-round medical knowledge
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Quick thinking
- Composed, particularly when under pressure
- The ability to keep others calm in challenging circumstances
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and as part of a team
- The ability to work within tight time constraints
- Good at prioritising differing patient needs
- Confident in giving instructions to others
- Empathy and a great 'bedside manner'
- Resilience, stamina, and the ability to work long shifts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good administrative ability
- Great organisation skills
- Confidence to administer emergency and life-saving treatment
- A genuine passion for caring for others and changing lives
As an Accident & Emergency Doctor with Swansea Bay University Health Board you will:
- Examine and assess patients as they enter A&E
- Be able to make diagnoses confidently and accurately from a wide range of symptoms
- Prescribe appropriate courses of action for a wide range of conditions, diseases and injuries that require urgent medical attention
- Be an effective communicator to clearly correspond with other colleagues including medical, admin or other support staff
- Provide medical and emotional support to patients and those accompanying them to A&E
- Administer a wide scope of emergency procedures including pain relief, resuscitation, defibrillation, tracheostomy, blood tests, drug overdose treatments, and many more
- Arrange referrals to other departments or specialists as required
- Make decisions that maximise patient survival rates and aid recovery
- Take ownership of the cases in your care, but also know when to seek second opinions from other doctors/specialists
- Report patients you consider to be at risk to the appropriate authorities
- Promote health and wellbeing best practices
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital
- Remain up to date with the latest medical guidelines
- Be a registered Doctor.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
A business with a future
If you are ready to work in a hospital that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.