Band 7/8A Pharmacist
Role: Band 7/8A Clinical Pharmacist Shifts: Full-Time or Part-Time Available Location: SwanseaWe are seeking a Band 7/8A Pharmacist to cover in Medicine / Acute Pharmacy,...
Role: Band 7/8A Pharmacist
Shifts: Full-Time Preferred but Part-Time considered
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experience locum Pharmacist looking for their next prosperous locum placement located in the South-West of Wales.
This is a long-term booking required to cover Maternity Leave, suitable for those seeking a healthier work-life balance working with a dedicated and supportive department, covering clinical checking within Dispensary.
* Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
* First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
* Competitive pay rates
* A dedicated placement officer
* Hundreds of new shifts available every day
* Long term jobs and short shifts available
* Lucrative referral scheme
* 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
As an expert in medicines, understanding how they are used and what their effects are on the human body, you will be using your expert knowledge of medicines and health to make a positive difference to people's lives and wellbeing.
You will be working on a temporary basis as part of a multidisciplinary team providing help and advice to patients in all aspects of their medicines, dispensing prescriptions, advising on the selection, dose and type of administration.
As an locum Pharmacist, you will benefit from the wide range of development and support packages to study for clinical and management qualifications to ensure you can expand your knowledge and techniques to directly benefit your patients.
In addition to your qualifications, as an agency Pharmacist, you will have:
* Superior verbal communication skills
* Empathy and understanding
* Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
* Excellent attention to detail
* Problem-solving skills
* A systematic approach to tasks
* Excellent timekeeping
* The ability to work well under pressure
* A flexible attitude
* A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
* Active listening skills
As an agency Pharmacist, you will:
* Check prescriptions for errors, ensuring they're appropriate and safe for the patient.
* Work carefully, methodically and accurately with medicines and doses.
* Provide advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication.
* Conduct ward rounds.
* Liaise with other medical staff on problems patients may experience when taking their medicines.
* Discuss treatments with patients' relatives, community pharmacists and GPs.
* Keep up to date with and contribute to, research and development.
* Write guidelines for drug use within the hospital and implement hospital regulations.
* Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
* Perform basic administrative and clerical tasks.
* Bachelor's degree in pharmacy (MPharm) accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
* Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
* At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
* 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
* You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
Clear advice, prompt attention and friendly reassurance are often just as important to a patient as their diagnosis, so if you are ready to take on a pro-active Pharmacist role without the ties of a permanent role, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.