Care Assistants required in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire We are actively recruiting care assistants in Hemel Hempstead to cover a mixture of earlies, lates and long...
Branch Name: Cheshire East
Role: Care Worker
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Access to Care Friends - gain points every time you refer a like-minded friend or family member.
- Fully supported training - Our Homecare team will provide full training for the role. You'll attend one of our assessment centres and be shadowed by some of our most experienced care workers so that you can gain first-hand experience of the role.
- Control - Take control of your career with flexible or contracted hours with regular service users.
- On-going support and development - grow your career with Medacs Healthcare with our career paths.
- Travel pay* - Available in some locations.
- Holiday pay
- Free DBS
We are looking for individuals who show empathy, patience, consideration, passion and dedication. You don't need to have any previous experience in home care; your personality is so much more important in a role like this. Homecare opportunities are diverse and provide a wide range of career opportunities regardless of your experience level, full training and support will be provided at every stage of your career to ensure you have the skills needed for the role.
This is an ideal role if you want to progress your career around your family and home commitments. Working and driving your career forwards alongside other responsibilities is no easy task, but with flexible shifts and excellent career prospects, this is a perfect way to achieve your goals.
A business with a future
As a Care Worker, you will play an essential part in so many people's lives. Without your support, people would not be able to live independently within their own homes. This is one role where you can see the impact of your work daily, with the sense of achievement and satisfaction that comes with making a real difference.
You will be delivering care with dignity and respect to ensure that service users can live an independent life in their own homes. As there are sadly some service users who have no close friends or family, you could find that you are the only contact an individual will receive all day, making your role all the more critical. Individuals may be physically or mentally ill, injured, disabled or infirm; the one thing they all have in common is their reliance on the vital care provided by a dedicated Care Worker.
General key skills
As a Care Worker, you will have:
- Empathy and understanding
- Compassion and a caring nature
- A warm and friendly personality
- A passion for good conversation
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Homecare Care Worker your duties could include:
- Regular duties of meal preparation, medication assistance, laundry and cleaning, bathing, grooming and toileting.
- Preventing loneliness and isolation through listening, understanding and interacting, providing companionship and conversation.
- Promoting dignity and independence with encouragement and assistance
- Encouragement and gentle persuasions towards better health, such as taking medication, gentle exercise and drinking fluids
- Providing guidance for staying safe, keeping warm or cool in changing climates
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- References that cover the last two years. They can be either employment, professional, academic or written from the Job Centre/Benefits Office
Culture and inclusion
So, if you believe you have what it takes to be a Care Worker with Medacs Healthcare we want to hear from you. Apply today
Development and opportunities
If you are looking for a role that will fit around your home life and provide opportunities to build a rewarding career in care, apply today and be a part of something amazing.
A business with a future
If you are ready to play an essential part in so many people's lives and deliver outstanding care to service users, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today
If you have a passion for good conversation and a warm and friendly demeanour, then you're ready for a role in care. Apply today.
So, if you can combine empathy and understanding with practical care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.