Client Name: NHS ScotlandRole: Band 5 ITU/ICU NurseRates: £23-£38Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.Benefits:Access to Care4Carers our support...
Client Name: Lancashire Teaching Hospital
Role: ITU Nurse
Rates: Band 5 rates
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
When you work at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, you will provide the highest standards of one-to-one care to critically ill patients across two sites - Royal Preston Hospital, the largest Critical Care Unit in the Northwest of England, admitting around 1600 patients every year and Chorley and South Ribble District Hospital.
With teaching hospital status, the Trust is renowned for its facilities, especially its on-site Education Centres for the Health Academy. Here, staff can use lecture halls, seminar rooms and the state-of-the-art simulation centre to pass on their expertise to students, colleagues, and trainees. With global partnerships with other health organisations and charities, you can reach out beyond the local community and use your skills to impart vital knowledge to doctors in disaster-stricken countries, supporting other communities who need it most.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 ITU Nurse, you will have:
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 ITU Nurse with Lancashire Teaching Hospital, you will:
- provide constant monitoring and care for patients in seriously ill or unstable conditions.
- actively support emergency admissions, planned admissions and post-surgery patients and their families.
- communicate clinical information using a variety of methods to ensure effective understanding.
- safely identify, prepare, check, and assemble equipment required for the relevant operating list.
- be responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Be a registered nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
So, if you believe you have what it takes to be a part of the outstanding Critical Care team at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, apply today.