SENIOR BIOMEDICAL SCIENTIST - HISTOLOGY
Biomedical Scientist- Histology
Working Pattern: : Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week. Participation in the Weekend Rota is compulsory.
As a Senior biomedical scientist, you would be assisting in the smooth running of the laboratory and timely provision of a high-quality histopathology service. The primary working relationships will be with the Histology Manager, and the histology staff.
- To ensure that the specimens are received, booked in, cut-up, processed, cut,
- stained and dispatched as required to the highest standards, and within
- agreed turn around times
- To participate in the workload and assist in controlling the quality and
- accuracy of the work output
- To organise the work in the absence of the Managers and supervise MLA's
- and MTO's
- To undertake any training courses as considered necessary for continued
- professional development
- To use and maintain any equipment within histology in compliance with the
- policy of the department.
- To be aware of, and comply at all times with Health and Safety regulations
- and safe laboratory procedures.
- Participate in specimen dissection
- To take part in an annual staff appraisal
- HCPC registered BMS
- Member of Institute of
- Biomedical Sciences
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritise & lead.
- Use of own initiative as one of the senior members of laboratory
- Willing to mentor & contribute to the development of others.
- Must have worked in histology laboratory before
- Broad skill set developed through experience in Histology setting
- Solid knowledge of histological techniques.
- Health & Safety code of practice
- Experience of using laboratory-based IT systems
- Experience of accreditation