Medical Technical Officer - Histology
As a Medical technical officer, you would be assisting in the smooth running of the laboratory and timely provision of a high quality histopathology service. The primary working relationships will be with the Histology Manager, and the histology staff. To undertake additional duties as specified.
- To ensure that the specimens are received, booked in, cut-up, processed, cut, stained and dispatched as required to the highest standards, and within agreed turn around times
- To ensure that the specimens are cut, stained and dispatched as required to the highest standards, and within agreed turn around times.
- To participate in the workload and assist in controlling the quality and accuracy of the work output.
- To ensure that all samples are archived regularly and accurately
- To undertake any training courses as considered necessary
- To use and maintain any equipment within histology in compliance with the policy of the department
- To be aware of, and comply at all times with Health and Safety regulations and safe laboratory procedures
- Participate in embedding and any other duties as required
- To take part in an annual staff appraisal
- Work well under pressure
- Histology laboratory experience
- Good knowledge of histological techniques Health & Safety code of practice
- Flexible Perform well under pressure and to work to deadlines
- Commitment to personal CPD
- Passionate about the level of service provided & results
- To maintain total confidentiality with regards to patient's details
- Fit enough to carry out duties
- Ability to remain GDPR compliant