Clinical Psychologist Band 7Are you an experienced Clinical Psychologist? Do you have experience in helping veterans with PTSD and other trauma-related mental health difficulties? Medacs...
Our client is looking for Clinical / Counselling Psychologist to work in the Surrey area.
If you are passionate about psychological therapy, enjoy working within a team environment and have an excellent academic record with a proven track record of success in the practice of psychology, then the client would like to hear from you now!
About the Client
This post is part of a Trust whose total adult population is 200,000. They provide psychological and wellbeing support and mental health assessments to residents of the area and those residents with local GPs.
The trust incorporates a Wellbeing Service, an IAPT service, an Assessment Team and a primary care recovery and support team.
The post holder will be expected to develop and manage the service within surgeries or any other location to which s/he is attached.
JOB ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Provide specialist psychological services to patients referred. This will include providing specialist psychological assessment and therapy as well as offering advice and consultation on patients psychological care to other members of the team.
- Deliver effective, evidence based Primary Care psychological interventions and to utilise their research skills and training for effective audit and service development within the practices served
- Operate within recognised professional guidelines and the overall framework of the IAPT services policies and procedures.
- May be required to work flexible hours in line with GP surgery hours and 'Improving Access' agenda - may include at least one weekday evening, including occasional Friday evenings and Saturday mornings
- Develop and manage the service within the surgeries or any other locations to which s/he is attached.
- Provide comprehensive specialist assessments and high intensity therapeutic services for adult patients for common mental health problems referred to the service based on sound, evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy principles therapy in primary care services
- Recognition by the relevant UK professional organisations (such as BPS, HCPC)
- Hep B, MMR, Varicella and TB scar proof
- Minimum 2 years recent relevant UK experience
- Ability to develop excellent professional therapeutic relation with the clients
- Proven experience in your field
If you are considering exploring this *unique opportunity* to really enjoy your clinical work with a highly reputable provider, while focusing on your preferred clinical interest first-rate conditions and remuneration - get in touch today!
- Holiday pay
- Experienced & dedicated consultant
- Free mandatory training
- 24 hour support
- PAYE, Umbrella and Limited Company staff welcome
- NEXT DAY PAYROLL FOR PAYE EMPLOYEES