DWP Clinical Assessor (PIP) -Office and Home based
Employer: Medacs Healthcare
Role: Clinical Assessor-Office and Home based
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 (Plus OTE £3,500)
Shifts: Full/part time available
PIP (DWP) Disability Assessor-Start date end of June
Calling all Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD), Paramedics, Physiotherapists or Occupational Therapists with over 1 years' experience.
Are you looking for a new challenge with an improved work life balance?
The role of Clinical Assessor is both office and home based with no shifts, weekends, or unsociable hours. You will also get bank holidays off which means Christmas/New Year and Easter off plus additional leave for your birthday!
As a hybrid position, your time will be split between working from home and your nearest assessment centre.
What we offer
- Starting salary of £35,000 with uplifts of £1000 at 6 and 12 months* + optional paid overtime following successful completion of probation
- Flexible working solutions
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- Reimbursement of NMC/HCPC pin once you have passed probation.
- Regular training to support CPD and revalidation.
- 25 days annual leave plus an extra 5 days dependant on service
- Holiday buy back/sell scheme + additional birthday leave
- Fantastic opportunities for promotion and professional growth
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme + life assurance cover and many more
- Premium access to the well-being calm app
- Employee recognition award schemes
- Discounts for 100s of stores and memberships with our Lifestyle platform
About the role
As a Disability Assessor, day to day you'll carry out a mixture of telephone, video and face-to-face assessments with claimants covering a wide range of disabilities and health conditions. Working independently, you will be using your clinical skills to assess, examine, talk, listen, and submit detailed reports of health conditions affecting their daily life. It's important work that has a big impact on real lives, so we'll make sure you get the time you need with each claimant to undertake a quality and respectful service.
Every day will be different dealing with a range of different assessments. You will work on a variety of cases across a range of conditions. It will be challenging at times, but we'll support you to manage your assessments efficiently, to deliver the best service. Our assessors combine the highest levels of integrity with extensive clinical knowledge to offer the best service possible to our customers.
What we look for
- Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a minimum one year of post-registration experience in diverse settings where you can demonstrate a broad range of clinical experience and knowledge.
- Current NMC or HCPC registration with no restrictions
- Strong interest in in-depth report writing and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and time management skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate various IT systems.
- Strong IT skills are essential.
- A minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute is required to accomplish the role.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office/home office environment and experience working in various clinical settings.
Living in England, with a suitable internet connection and a quiet private space to work from. Although the role is based at home, you will need to travel to your assigned contact centre if circumstances change and homeworking is no longer viable. During your first two weeks there will be a selection of classroom dates that must be attended in person at your nearest site. You may subsequently be required to occasionally attend a contact centre for further training and/or face to face support and guidance.
Apply with Medacs Healthcare today and our supportive and highly experienced team will provide you with the full details of the role and working with the DWP
*Terms and conditions apply, please speak to our team for further information.