Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Clinical Oncology to join a large NHS Teaching Trust based in London. Salary scale: ...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Medical Oncology to work at a large NHS Trust based in south east England.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed
Contract type: Substantive or Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
The post holder will join our team of medical and clinical oncologists to take major interests across preferred tumour sites, and providing Oncology services across the whole of Kent. The Trust also have a well-established oncology research department, providing the opportunity for the post holder to run and develop clinical trials.
A 10 PA medical oncologist job plan will include these core elements:
- Three standard clinics
- One Flexible clinic (for example, a trial/research clinic)
- Two SPAs
- MDT attendance for the relevant tumour sites and correlating administrative time including chemo prescribing
The Trust aim to offer a supportive and flexible working pattern, which fits around the candidate's lifestyle and commitments:
- Working from home and utilising digital platforms to accommodate virtual working for admin time and/or virtual clinics (Telephone Clinics / Attend Anywhere Platform)
- Undertaking evening or weekend clinics and admin time to offer flexibility in working days
- Peer mentoring through the wider trust programme and internally through our current consultant workforce. All new members of the team will be supported by a substantive consultant during the first year in the role
- Weekly tumour site specific peer review meetings with Oncology consultants
- Opportunity to develop joint specialist clinics and peer-working with other Oncology consultants
- Supporting and developing individual specialist interests including research, leadership and educational responsibilities
- Full GMC registration with a license to practice
- Clinical Training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT in specialty.
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.