Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Senior Clinical Fellow (Registrar) in Geriatric Medicine to join a large, award-winning NHS Foundation Trust based in Nottinghamshire. Salary...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Senior Clinical Fellow in Acute Medicine to join a large University NHS Trust based in London.
Salary scale: £33,128 to £52,090 per annum plus 50% Banding
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months
DUTIES OF THE JOB:
To maintain the high standards of the Acute Medicine by contributing towards individual and team objectives.
- Attend daily consultant-led post-take ward round.
- Maintain overview of all MRU patients.
- Actively participating and facilitating the discharges on MRU.
- Support and supervise junior doctors on MRU.
- Liaise with ambulatory care nurses if necessary.
- Contribute in the electronic and verbal handover of patients.
- Admission and care of general medical patients as part of medical admitting team.
- Participate in audits and research.
Medical on call will include:
- Managing General Medicine take including accepting referrals, assessment of patients in the Accident and Emergency Department, MRU and in other hospital departments as necessary.
- Reviewing patients admitted on the take and clerked by junior doctors.
- On-going care of acutely unwell patients who are admitted during the take and those on the wards out-of-hours.
- GMC registration with a license to practice
- MRCP or equivalent
- ALS provider
- Good experience in both acute and general medicine
- Be able to work independently and be able to supervise junior doctors
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.