We are currently recruiting for an experienced Consultant Paediatric General Surgeon to join a team of well established consultants. Our client is well known provider...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Geriatrician to join a busy, university Hospital based in northeast England.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
The basic whole-time contract is for 10 programmed activities 8.5 DCC (admin time and educational supervision time included within this) + additional 1.5 SPA.
The post holder will be joining a group of dynamic and friendly consultants in developing and embedding high quality care for the frail and older patient in a number of different clinical settings.
The Trust have identified the need to expand key services to benefit the frail and older patient and are developing and enhancing our elderly care and frailty strategy to expand sub-specialities such as Acute Frailty Teams (front of house), Complex Frailty Units and Specialist Frailty Units, as well as delivering our other core specialities of; Movement Disorder Service, Ortho-Geriatrics, Surgical Liaison and integrated working with Community Services and Primary Care. Therefore, applicants must have suitable training and experience in Geriatric Medicine.
There are opportunities for the post holder wishing to combine clinical work with a research or an educational career will be supported with opportunities for academic roles, if of interest.
- The post holder will be committed to the provision of elderly care in the areas described previous in keeping with an agreed job plan.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake clinical work in conjunction with his/her colleagues and other professional staff in order to maintain and develop Elderly Care services and develop specialist skills in accordance with the needs of the department. They will be responsibility in conjunction with colleagues for planning future developments of these service.
- The post holder will have continuing responsibility for the care of patients in his/her charge and will be expected to provide a comprehensive clinical service to Consultant colleagues in other clinical disciplines in the hospital, and to general practitioners
- Full and Specialist registration (and with a licence to practice) with the General Medical Council (GMC), or be eligible for registration within six months of interview.
- Thorough knowledge of specialty and ability to work at consultant level.
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.