Client Name: Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital part of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Role: Locum Consultant in General MedicineRates: Fantastic Rates of PayLocation: Bangor in...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Palliative Medicine to work at a high performing well established Hospice based in Herefordshire.
You will provide Consultant oversight and responsibility for Hospice Medical Services supported by the existing substantive Consultant.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant) - there is the opportunity to move into a substantive role in the future
10 PAs per week including 4.75 SPAs, 1 in 3 second on call, (part time hours will be considered)
- Primary duty of the locum consultant role is the clinical care and medical oversight and responsibility for Medical Hospice Service provision until a Lead Consultant role is appointed.
- Sharing Consultant-led care of patients across Hospice services with other Consultant(s) according to the SLA. Including weekly Consultant-led MDT and ward round, outpatients, home visits where capacity allows and weekly SPC service-wide MDT.
- Advise the Hospice Inpatient Unit (IPU) doctors and review of patients as needed.
- Advise the Hospice Community Doctor, doctors and MDT professionals caring for patients across Hospice services and with others providing SPC medical advice in hours.
- Provide Consultant 2nd on-call advisory support to the Hospice doctor on-call including medical telephone advice where this is beyond the competence of that doctor
- Outpatient work depends on demand and is shared with the Community Senior Speciality Grade Doctor.
- On the In-Patient Unit the weekly Consultant ward round and MDT covers up to eight patients and their families.
- Full GMC registration with a license to practice
- MRCP or Equivalent
- Clinical experience in Palliative Medicine, in a wide range of settings, with experience and confidence at consultant level
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.