Consultant in Rheumatology At Wrexham Maelor Hospital 6 12 Months InitiallyBetsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardMonday to Friday, 09:00am 17:00pm£110 £115 per hour (PAYE)Accommodation subject...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Rheumatologist to work at a large NHS Trust based in northwest-central England.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
The post is offered on a full-time, or job-share basis, the job plan being intended for a full-time appointment with an opportunity to modify this if the post is offered on any other basis.
The department provides general rheumatology services and specialty clinics such as combined foot and ankle, hand and antenatal clinics. A dedicated ultrasound machine is available for the department. There are strong links with the Orthopaedic Department and musculoskeletal radiology, with access to a DEXA scanner on site.
The job plan consists of 9 PAs of Direct Clinical Care including on-call commitment and 1 PA of Supporting Professional Activity per week (for CPD, audit, appraisal and research).
The post holder will be expected to:
- Be actively involved in the leadership, management and decision making within the Rheumatology Department
- Be readily available during the working week so that medical and nursing staff can communicate and consult freely
- Ensure that management plans are clearly displayed in the notes of patients with complex needs
- Liaise closely with the Divisional and Service Managers, and the Associate Medical Director, to ensure that waiting list targets are achieved.
- Share with Consultant colleagues the responsibility for providing clinical services for the local population.
- Full GMC registration with a license to practice
- Broad training in all aspects of rheumatology, including relevant procedural skills
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.