Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Senior Clinical Fellow in Acute Medicine to join a large University NHS Trust based in London. Salary scale: ...
Medacs Healthcare seeks applications for full-time substantive CESR Fellows in Emergency Medicine based at a large University Hospital in Midlands.
Salary scale: £33,128 to £52,090 plus 50% banding
Hours: Up to 48 hours per week
Contract type: Substantive
The post is ideal for doctors who wish to pursue a non-consultant post in Emergency Medicine in a Major trauma Centre. It provides a breadth of experience by being a tertiary care centre in the region. The post affords an excellent training opportunity for an experienced SHO / Clinical Fellow / Registrar who wishes to pursue a career in Emergency Medicine and would like to enhance their experience and confidence.
The successful candidate will join a twenty-four hour a day roster, seven days a week.
He or she will be expected to have regular clinical shifts in Paediatric ED.
The weekend commitment is currently 1:3 for the middle grade rota.
A full range of adult and paediatric emergency patients attend the Trust and the appointee will be responsible for the management of those patients who attend the emergency department. The shop-floor middle grade roster is split into five different roles:
- Resus Doctor - 3 shifts per 24 hours
- Ambulatory Doctor - 1x 10hr shifts/day
- Paediatrics Doctor - 2 x 10hr shifts/day
- Majors Doctor - 3 shifts per 24 hours
- Administration and minors Doctor 4-10hrs/day, and Medical student teaching
The responsibilities and duties of the post include:
- To assess and provide emergency treatment to patients attending the Emergency Department and liaise with specialties
- To act as resuscitation team leader for seriously ill or injured patients including children while they are in the Emergency Department.
- To assist in the provision of an effective emergency medicine service for the people of Nottinghamshire in collaboration with colleagues.
- To assist in the supervision and training of junior doctors, Advanced Practitioners and ENPs.
- Liaise with sister in charge and nursing staff and to organise smooth running of the department with attention to floor management in line with national targets.
- To take a lead in ensuring the 4 hours target is achieved without compromising good quality of patient care.
- Liaise with shop floor consultant in charge for clinical and administrative advice as appropriate.
- Full GMC registration with a license to practice
- MRCEM or equivalent
- At least 4 years of experience in Emergency Medicine
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.