Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Clinical Oncology to join a large NHS Teaching Trust based in London.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full time, 10 PA's contract
It is a full-time post - fixed term 12 month NHS contract.
The post will cover breast and CNS tumour sites.
The successful candidate will join a team of 11 other consultant oncologists supported by 3 Specialty Doctors & 4 Clinical Oncology trainees (ST3-ST7) to serve a population of 750,000. The Department treats the full spectrum of malignant disease including breast, lung, lower and upper GI, haematology, gynaecology, urology, neuro-oncology, skin, and head and neck
Duties of the post
To provide, to a high standard, the full range of specialist diagnosis, treatment and care to patients requiring Oncology services, as outlined in the proposed program which include the following:
- Clinical Oncology management of Breast Malignancy (supported by the wider team including 2 further breast oncologists, oncology trainee doctor, breast specialty doctor, clinical nurse specialists).
- Clinical Oncology management of CNS tumours (supported by further CNS tumour site consultant oncologist, oncology trainee doctor, clinical nurse speacialist)
- New patient numbers approx. 200-250 in line with RCP guidelines.
- Input into the Acute Oncology Service, this service is led by a team of 3 acute oncology nurses who field calls & review patients. The acute oncology ward round/consultant supports the AOS nurses in this role & undertakes ward reviews & offers oncology advice as necessary.
- Clinic reviews
- MDT meeting participation
- Outpatient chemotherapy and inpatient clinical opinions
- Participate in on-call rota (1:10)
- Consultants on-call frequency is 1:10 offsite for advice on oncology inpatients & to offer oncology advice to other teams.
- Full and Specialist registration and a license to practice
- Holder of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) or within six months of interview.
- Understand and be competent at management of all stages of Oncology to CCST or higher. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of treatment regimens and research developments
- Experience of teaching and training of undergraduates and junior medical staf
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys