Client Name: Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum Stroke Medicine ConsultantRates: £90-£110 per hourShifts: Stroke Cons needed M-F 9-5 including some stroke on calls...
Medacs Healthcare is currently recruiting for a middle grade position in Stroke based in East Midlands.
Type of contract: full time, fixed term for 12 months
Salary scale: 33,790 to £53,132 per annum plus banding
This post is an ideal stepping stone for candidates who have gained their full MRCP but wish to acquire additional skills and experience of a medical registrar in stroke medicine.
The post will be working across all stroke areas particularly on the hyper-acute stroke admissions ward, providing support and advice to junior doctors, as well as the ED team.
You would be given the same training opportunities as other medicine doctors and would be supported to develop a CV suitable for applications to registrar/consultant posts. The Stroke department is enthusiastic and committed to training, with an active teaching schedule and opportunity to participate in audit.
There will also be opportunities to apply for a CESR training post for Stroke Medicine.
Post holders can expect:
- To develop further expertise in the identification and management of acute stroke (e.g. thrombolysis, mechanical thrombectomy, assessment for decompressive hemicraniectomy) and its complications
- To gain experience and familiarity in identifying and managing a wide variety of other medical conditions (e.g. stroke mimics), including making appropriate decisions regarding the need for admission, the development of strategies which might provide an alternative to admission and identifying where early discharge would be safe and appropriate
- To further develop skills of history taking, physical examination, appropriate investigation and rational prescribing
- To increasingly work towards independent practice at Registrar level, leading ward rounds, assessing patients, making decisions etc. with Consultant support and supervision available at all times
The Department anticipate the successful candidate will cover the three main branches of training (prevention/TIA, acute and rehabilitation).
- GMC registration with a license to practice
- MRCP holder
- Good and wide ranging recent experience of clinical medicine in acute inpatient setting in a large acute hospital
- UK experience at ST3 level
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys