Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine interested in joining a very friendly mid-sized department based at the NHS Trust situated...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Specialty Doctor in Paediatrics to join a medium size NHS hospital based in South Yorkshire.
Type of contract: full time, fixed term for 2 years
Salary: £50373 to £78759 per annum for 10 PAs
This is an exciting post within general paediatrics. The successful candidate will undertake duties on the CAU, Paediatric Ward, Neonatal Unit (NNU) and in the Paediatric Outpatient Department, as well as attending delivery suite and the postnatal wards when required. They will also be required to contribute to the provision of the tier two on call service.
Additional responsibilities expected of the successful candidate include:
- Fulfilling the duties of the weekly timetable including any out-of-hours responsibilities
- Sharing responsibility with colleagues for the day to day management of the paediatric department
- Ensuring delivery of a high-quality Paediatric service
- Maintaining the highest clinical standards in the management of general paediatric patients.
- Undertaking ward rounds in conjunction with a Consultant
- Ensuring children are fit for discharge
- Attending clinics with a Consultant
- Participating in teaching and training of junior staff, medical students, nurses and paramedics where applicable.
- Full Registration with a License to Practice with the General Medical Council.
- MRCPCH part 1 or equivalent
- Minimum of four years full time postgraduate training and experience of which at least two years will be in Paediatrics at SHO/ST1/2 or Registrar level, to include Neonatal experience.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience and qualifications to undertake middle grade duties, including child protection medicals, tier two on-call duties, and the ability to work a full shift system including nights and weekends.
- Ability to undertake a full range of Paediatric practical procedures e.g. IV Cannulation, UVC, UVA, Long Lines
- Ability to manage conventional and patient triggered ventilation.
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.