Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Orthodontist to join a large NHS hospital based in West Midlands.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum for 10 PAs
Additional benefits: 15K golden hello bonus and up to 8K relocation package
Type of contact: Fixed term for 12 months or Substantive
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed activities
This is a full-time post and the Trust seeks a colleague who can demonstrate their ability to work as part of our efficient and cohesive multidisciplinary team and interact well with consultant colleagues, local GPs and dentists. There is no on-call commitment attached to this job. The post requires a strong lead clinician to champion the speciality across the ICS and in the wider West Midlands Dental landscape.
The department is based within the Surgical Division, which comprises the Departments of: ENT, Orthopaedics, Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Surgery and Ophthalmology.
The appointee will join the Dental Specialties Team as a Consultant Orthodontist to replace a retiring part time colleague and will be responsible for the care of the orthodontic patients across Herefordshire and surrounding and adjoining counties. The successful candidate will be required to undertake managerial duties associated with the care of their patients and the running of the department and will be expected to participate in all facets of departmental activity.
- The applicant must hold full registration with the GDC and must be on the Specialist Register and be within 6 months of successfully obtaining their Intercollegiate examination to signify the completion of post CCST training on the date of interview.
- Membership in Orthodontics
- Master in research in Orthodontics
- Broad range of experience covering General dentistry, Paediatric dentistry, dento-alveolar / Oral Surgery
- Maxillo-Facial orthognathic surgery
- Demonstrable skills and experience of Orthodontics at level suitable of consultant level post CCST
- Able to manage Level 3b treatments
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys